Sunday, April 26, 2009

City buzz


The sunlight shines through my window panes as early as 7 am. I get awaken pretty early by the morning traffic. The people here are generally morning people; the shops in the malls are opened at 9am and closed by 5pm (with the exception of late night shopping on Thursdays)

Not wanting to sleep through the buzz of the city, I, too, try to ease into the habit of early mornings and early nights. I’m still trying to rid the eye bags that has formed over the past week.

Breakfast here is a joy. It’s my favourite meal of the day and I’m thankful for the fresh produce and wide variety of dairy products here. Hail to the sweetest strawberries and to greek yoghurt! I’m still trying to finish up my loaf of bread. They largely came in family size and I’m trying not to eat too much of it.

Caught up with some of my senior course mates in Chinatown. Headed to Paddy’s market for a walk which seemed rather touristy and it’s almost like one of the large-scale markets in Bangkok, Vietnam and China.

It was a beautiful day for a walk. We were checking out the chocolatiers in the city. Mainly them cause they were looking around for part-time work. I should get some form of part time work too (once I’ve settled down).

Also, headed to this dessert shop in the city that sells frozen yoghurt (somewhat like Yammi Yoghurt). This has green tea flavour and I had that we hazelnuts. Did I mention that the nuts here are absolutely lovely!! Not like the unfresh prepacked ones you find at the supermarket. I guess this is the kind of thing you do with culinary students.


Eat..and eat some more… look at food..and take photos of food...talk about food

I’m loving every minute of it.


More soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment